I just signed up forThe Science of Happiness, the first FREE MOOC to teach positive psychology, where we will explore the roots of a happy and meaningful life. Isn’t that what you are looking for?
- Students will engage with some of the most provocative and practical lessons from this science, discovering how cutting-edge research can be applied to their own lives.
- Created by UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, the course will zero in on a fundamental finding from positive psychology: that happiness is inextricably linked to having strong social connections and contributing to something bigger than yourself—the greater good.
- Students will learn about the cross-disciplinary research supporting this view, spanning the fields of psychology, neuroscience, evolutionary biology, and beyond.
- What’s more, “The Science of Happiness” will offer students practical strategies for nurturing their own happiness.
- Research suggests that up to 40 percent of happiness depends on our habits and activities.
- So each week, students will learn a new research-tested practice that fosters social and emotional well-being—and the course will help them track their progress along the way.