- Digital literacies are developed progressively rather than sequentially.
- Digital literacies are developed by tapping into your own interests.
- Internal motivation is the key to getting people to want to try to develop digital skills for themselves.
- We live in a world where ideas spread very quickly and can be remixed.
- We live in a world where the knowledge skills and ideas we currently have can’t be learned once to be used forever.
- We live in a world where digital literacies are constantly in flux.
- We need to move beyond mere elegant consumption.
- We need to remix stuff because digital literacy practices change over time.
- We need to focus on people interests to increase intrinsic motivation.
- I’t a lifelong project that everyone needs to be involved in.
Begin by using a progressive framework like the 8 essential elements of digital literacies
Remix of TEDxWarwick – Doug Belshaw – The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies