We feel happiest when we feel we are growing in our relationships or our ability to change the world for the positive (optimism) or when we see life as a challenge instead of a threat.
So happiness is something we can change within ourselves. Start with a willingness to be open and live in the present moment by spending two minutes each day developing an attitude of gratitude. Use the techniques each day for 2 minutes and you will find that gratitude actually changes your vibrational frequency. Choose to be happy!
- 21 Day Gratitude List
- Everyday when you wake-up and for two minutes list 3 things you are grateful for. Do this everyday for 21 days (record your lists in one place).
- 1 Meaningful Thing in the Last 24 Hours
- For 2 minutes write down every detail about one meaningful thing that happened to you in the last 24 hours.
- 2 Minute Email
- Spend two minutes writing an email to someone who makes you happy detailing why they make you happy.
- Write a Note to Your Younger Self
- Write a note to your younger self describing what you know now and didn’t know back then.
- Bonus Happiness Multiplier
- Practice random acts of kindness