Here is a 10-minute exercise from Deepak Chopra to help harness the power of heart-centered intention.
Try this simple 10-minute process for setting a powerful intention today:
- Pick one desire. Take a minute to think about one thing you’ve been trying to make happen in your life. It could be a new job you’re after, a shift in your relationship or a health goal. Whatever it is (big or small), write it down.
- Get absolutely clear about what you want. Be specific. When you order at a restaurant, you don’t say, “I want a big sandwich that tastes good.” You say instead, “I’ll have the grilled cheese sandwich with extra pickles, and hold the mayo.”Take a moment to get that specific about your desire. Write down exactly what you want to happen in detail. Ask yourself, “What do I want? Why do I want it? What goodness will it bring to my life? How will I feel when it happens?” Write down those details as if you’re placing your order.
- Be positive. Once you have clarity, make sure you’re setting your intention from a positive, heart-space, vs. a negative, fear-based one. You can do this by focusing on what you do want instead of what you don’t want.For example, if your intention is to save enough money so that you can buy a new house, “I don’t want to live in this house another year” is not a powerful, heart-based intention. “I will be able to comfortably afford a new house by this time next year” is.
Now take a look at what you have written down and cancel out or reframe anything that’s not written from a positive, heart-space. Again, be as specific as you can.
- Release your desire. Now that your intention is positive and clear, it’s important to become calm and still. If you meditate, that’s an ideal spacein which to plant your seeds of intention. Quiet your mind and body. And then let your intention go.How? Simply stop thinking about it. If you’re new to this, you’re going to have a tendency to want to hurry it along, force an outcome or MAKE it happen. That’s not your job. Your job is to stay centered and know that everything is unfolding as it should, even though you don’t know the timing or the details of how it will happen.
- Let the universe handle the details. Your focused intention sets the infinite organizing power of the universe in motion. Trust that infinite organizing power to orchestrate the complete fulfillment of your desire. Don’t listen to the voice that says that you have to be in charge and that obsessive vigilance is the only way to get anything done.